I have been on both sides of the interview table as have many here I am sure.
What happened with Mr. Cain was obviously someone who wasn't ready for the question, didn't know the answer and was trying desperately to pull the "correct" answer from the interviewer. When that didn't work he fell back on tried and true answers, that really didn't have much to do with the question.

I've seen interview responses like that. The correct answer, instead of trying to bs people is to say "I don't know" and move on. Unfortunately for Cain, saying "I don't know" is not really an acceptable answer for a presidential candidate, especially one that is as full of himself as he is. The interviewer is RARELY fooled by attempts to bs, especially ones as pathetic as Cain's.

This is funny of course but it shows what happens when people aren't prepared AND when people only engage with one side of the political spectrum. Even if you despise some people's POV you should at least be familiar with their arguments so that you can debunk them. Cain has clearly only one note to play "It's all Obama's fault". That's what happens when you only listen to one side-in Cain's case -conservative talk radio.

Cain must be a HORRIBLE poker player. I would love to play against him. He has so many "tells" when he's nervous or lying-remarkably increased blinking rate, jaw tightening, looking up and away, repeating what was just said to him. Classic.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.