The Godfather wouldn't be the Godfather if there are always some new details you will notice every time you watch one of these films.

I was just re-watching Part III when I suddenly noticed they were actually doing a report on television about the shooting of the Dons during the scene when Michael got his diabetic stroke or something like that.

So I tried to listen carefully to what the news anchor said as far as I was able to hear it while Michael and other were talking.

First you hear the news anchor mentioning "Apalachin" which means that the Apalachin meeting also took place in The Godfather universe.

He also mentioned some of the bosses' names like "Matty Parisi", "Frank Romano" and "Albert Volpe". They are also part of the first draft of the script and are listed in the credentials of the film. According to the script Albert Volpe was the boss of the Midwest meaning that he was obviously the boss of the Chicago Outfit. Parisi was a boss from the Southeast meaning he was likely from Florida or New Orleans. Possibly Carlo Tramonti's (original novel) successor. And Frank Romano (who was played by the same actor who also portrayed Victor Stracci) was from the West Coast, possibly Los Angeles.

Furthermore it was said that 12 people were killed and 10 seriously wounded by the attack. And the New Jersey State Police and FBI had sealed off the building.

You would think that after an event like this the authorities would have started to seriously going after the mafia. I don't think Vincent would have lasted long as boss. It's likely that he would have been sent to jail by something similar as the real-life commission case.

Last edited by Sonny_Black; 11/14/11 05:36 PM.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."