I recently finished playing through L.A. NOIRE. Definitely different from most of the stuff Rockstar Games produces. The story is completely linear, there aren't any side missions (besides the radio calls you can answer) and you can't run around all willy nilly, popping caps in hookers and drug dealers. You're an LAPD detective, after all.

I love the GTA games, and RED DEAD REDEMPTION may very well be my favorite game of this console generation. But despite the differences L.A. NOIRE has with these games, I absolutely loved it. Great noir story, fantastic acting (yes, acting, with REAL actors), great graphics and music...everything about the game reeks of quality. The facial animations are the best in the business, and are key to the detective work involved in the game. There is also great use of real L.A. history, including the Black Dahlia murder. Read a real review if you want specifics on the game (because I'm too lazy to repeat them here), but suffice it to say, if you're into crime/detective dramas, there's no better game out there right now.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis