Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
This GOP field is really quite amusing. I heard just this morning that Cain is STILL in the lead. Who would have thought? lol

Btw, DT, I don't understand your comment here. Can you elaborate and has this been done before and when can it be done?

brokered convention that nominates by acclimation a "reluctant" Jeb Bush who can then pick a midwestern moderate as veep, and be VERY formidable. .

TIS

TIS it was only in the past 50 years that the primary system took root. In the old days the political bosses would gather and agree on the nominee. There used to be all kinds of horse trading....in 1924 the Democrats had more than one hundred ballots before they selected a nobody to run against Coolidge. Basically the way it works now is the delegates are pledged to vote for whmever won their primaries or state nominations ON THE FIRST BALLOT ONLY once that is done, if no one gets a majority, then it is wide open and virtualy anyone can be nominated.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."