Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
OMFG. I need these books.

Drogo's speeches (Rider Who Will Mount The World!!" and "I Will NOT Give You That Honour.") Tyrion Lannister, Robb's march and Jon's vows, and that execution scene. I did NOT see that coming, call me naive or whatever. But these scenes gave me goosebumps.

Only thing that sucks? The 2nd series sounds like its still a way off. frown I will be picking up the books at the soonest possible date.

Daenyrys Targarean? Goddamn. I know the actress is a natural brunette, and maybe thats why her hair seems so ethereal and sexy.

Good deal, MMD.
I just finished book 5 and things never let up. shhh
Supposedly Martin is going to finish the series in 7 books, though I have my doubts.

HBO's season 2 is supposed to start some time in Spring 2012 (March? April?)

Ned's fate was a shocker in the books as well. Of course we get to see inside his head and get an idea of why he made some of the decisions he did. I thought Sean Bean did a pretty good job of displaying that. Ned is one of the VERY few unambiguously morally good characters. Martin plays for keeps. rolleyes

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.