Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
If this will be true...I wonder how will NYC react?

The Genoveses have a crew in Springfield and one in CT.
Even if is almost gone after Arrillotta and Tranghese flipped, there are still some guys around.

The Gambinos have a crew in CT as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Genovese Springfield crew is decimated. Every known guy up there is either dead or in prison. The fact that they made a guy like Arillotta suggests it was slim pickings up there as far as manpower. People say, "There will always be gambling, etc. in Springfield." Well there's gambling in Arkansas too but the mob isn't there. It's a question of the family having the resources to move in again and if it's worth it at this point.

I'm also not sure the Genovese family has a standing crew in Connecticut. The only activity involving them in the state over the past decade was Ianniello controlling the trash business through James Galante. But, of course, Ianniello is based in NY.

The Gambino's still have a presence there but it also appears to be on the downswing. As time goes by, the radius of the mob's geographic influence becomes smaller.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.