Yes, The Genovese Family is the richiest one, but what about The Gambino Family under Carlo Gambino`s goverment?
At least when Don Carlo was the boss, there was some reasons to believe Gambino Family was the most powerful until Carlo Gamino`s death.

After Vito Genovese went to jail through a alleged plot by Carlo Gambino, Lucky Luciano, Frank Costello and others Carlo Gambino was regarded as Capo di tutti capi, of course he never called himself like this as Maranzano did before and we know how he ended up.
After Vito Genovese died, Carlo Gambino seems to have more influence over Genovese Family.
When Thomas Eboli was the acting boss(although Phillip Lombardo was the boss behind, but it is another story) borrowed 4 million of dollars from Carlo Gambino in theory to run the family, so it is amazing that the richiest family asks money from the another one as a loan. Carlo Gambino maybe knew Eboli would fail to payback as he finally did because he wanted Frank Tieri as the boss, Eboli was killed and Welcome Frank Tieri. I know most of the time Genovese Family was the richiest and it is now. But I am not sure when Carlo Gambino was the boss, I would like you and others to confirm or correct what I am saying please.

But whatever it was, I would like to know how Carlo Gambino run the money of the family as he lived in a modest house.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!