I am sick to death of all this. The president wasted too much time and political capital on healthcare when he should have been concentrating on the economy.

He did have some economic programs that were quite successful, but they were not enough. His Clunkers for Cash program succeeded beyond the wildest expectations. Also, the tax credits for people who bought houses increased home sales during their existence. I'm sure the hope was that the trend would continue, that the programs would be the necessary jumpstart, but they weren't. They died out.

The Republicans can't have their cake and eat it, too. They can't complain that the president doesn't do anything, and then fight him tooth and nail when he tries to do something.

As for whether Obama can be re-elected, Dick Cheney was on "The View" this week, and he said the current Republican candidates and their strategies would not be able to beat him in 2012. And I agree. The more they run to the right, the further they alienate moderates and anyone that would consider voting outside party lines.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club