Originally Posted By: Lilo
Couldn't disagree more. But to each their own. It's just differing opinions and that's fine. lol
The Wire doesn't have the traditional organized Italian-American connection depicted because in Baltimore (or at least in the fictional world of Baltimore that Simon chose to depict) the functions of LCN are either already subsumed by the Baltimore crime groups or mostly irrelevant to the people shown.

Just for the record, the absence of the LCN in the show didn't bother me. It's not a prerequisite for me to be interested. I was responding to Mukremin's question about that.

Quote:
I think there's plenty of comedy in The Wire whether it's McNulty's constant refrain of "What did I do" , Bunk and McNulty's one word obscene conversation as they work a crime scene, Kima's irritating but well deserved sense of superiority towards Carver and especially Herc, Herc's confidence and dimwittedness, Rawls' vituperative homophobic rants despite being seen relaxing in a gay bar, Stringer Bell trying to enforce Robert's Rules of order and losing his temper, etc.

McNulty definitely had his moments. But it was a different kind of humor than that of The Sopranos.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.