Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Hmmm, I don't doubt that it has happened in the past where on occasion the president and the first lady took separate planes to the same destinations.

But in a time where oil prices are skyrocketing, energy prices are through the roof, the economy is in the shitter, and the government is trying every which way to come up with a plan to get us back on the right track, I think that our President and his first lady could have been a bit more mindful and fiscally responsible in making the decision to travel separately to the same destination for a vacation.

Not bashing them, not saying that they are the only ones to ever do it. Just making an observation and giving my opinion as to what transpired with taxpayer money during a time when this country, our government and it's people are hurting financially.

No matter how much oil prices rise I don't think that would ever change because of security precautions and secret service procedures and so on.

Just imagine how much money got blown up with that helicopter Seal Team 6 exploded in Pakistan.

Even more money in federal bailouts to large banks who were responsible for their banks failing and dragging the economy down with them. If you took that money and split it between 311 million people everyone would get about $2250. If you distributed it to the poorest 75% of those 311 million people you get 233,250,000 people getting $3000 each. I bet that would "stimulate the economy" better than $300. Maybe 10 times better.

How much money do big corporations and the elite rich get to keep with their tax breaks instead of paying up like the rest of us?

There's more examples than I could ever think of or type out here...

Basically, as far as saving money or raising money or not wasting money there are many different examples to use instead of something that every single president does.

If you want to bash Obama you should look at the BAFTE's Fast And Furious operation and how badly that was mismanaged and the people responsible just get reassigned instead of fired like they deserve for causing the deaths of many people, including our Border Patrol officers.

And I'm sure there's tons of other things you could use to bash Obama too, but something tangible that is actually his fault goes a lot farther than something that doesn't make him any different than any other president or is out of his control.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.