Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
But the fourth and fifth season are great. The story writing is ingenious because of the way it unfolded. Everything seems to fit up until the end. So it wasn't until the fourth season that I finally recognised the series' greatness.

I know exactly what you mean Sonny. I thought the earlier series were great, but by the time I got to the fourth and fifth again through serious viewing that I truly recognised "The Wire" for its genius.
Some things did disappoint me though. For example Omar's death; I was expecting him to die in a hail of bullets while blasting away Chris or Snoop. But since that probably would have been too much of a cliché they decided to do a "Hey! We suprise you!". Whatever. Still prefer a "say hello to my little friend" epic death in a hail of bullets.

I hear you Sonny, but have to disagree. I thought it was that much more poignant having big bad (and totally gay) Omar taken out by a nervous child.

But you know when a serie is good if you're left with a sad feeling when it's ended.

Oh yeah. Well put.

(cough.)