Chazz Palminteri is Ready to Join 'Gotti: In the Shadow of My Father'
August 24, 2011
Source: Variety
by Ethan Anderton

Our last update on the film had Ben Foster reuniting with director Barry Levinson for Gotti: In the Shadow of My Father. With the actor taking the role of John Gotti, Jr. essentially the entire Gotti family has been cast. Now Variety has word on another great name joining the cast as someone outside of the crime family but still very much involved with the mob. Apparently Chazz Palminteri has landed the role of Mafia boss Paul Castellano, the man who succeeds Carlo Gambino as head of the Gambino crime family. It's after the murder of Castellano in 1985 that the elder John Gotti takes over the criminal organization.

Between Analyze This and The Usual Suspects, the actor has had a wide array of experience in different types of crime films, but in this case, Palminteri is really excited to be working with a cast that also includes John Travolta, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Kelly Preston and Lindsay Lohan. The actor says, "I have seen this film come together from the very start and am pleased to be able to work alongside such great talent to bring this story to the bigscreen. I have been a longtime admirer of Barry Levinson and am looking forward to working with him." There's no doubt Palminteri has just the right presence to play Castellano, and his addition just makes this project all the more intriguing.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/chazz-palminteri-ready-to-join-gotti-in-the-shadow-of-my-father/

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.