Last night I've finished the serie.

The first season is slow paced and at times boring. But since many stated it's a great serie I gave it the benefit of the doubt and continued to the next season. I guess I needed to get used to its style. The second season is interesting, decent and definitely an improvement. The third season pretty much continues this line. But the fourth and fifth season are great. The story writing is ingenious because of the way it unfolded. Everything seems to fit up until the end. So it wasn't until the fourth season that I finally recognised the series' greatness. I think David Simon is a terrific writer. If only he would do a bigger project than Baltimore he has the potential to blow away the Sopranos, which for me still maintains the number one spot mainly because it's superiour entertainment.

Some things did disappoint me though. For example Omar's death; I was expecting him to die in a hail of bullets while blasting away Chris or Snoop. But since that probably would have been too much of a cliché they decided to do a "Hey! We suprise you!". Whatever. Still prefer a "say hello to my little friend" epic death in a hail of bullets. Especially for a character such as Omar. It was also pretty lame that Daniels didn't end up staying the Police Commissioner.

But you know when a serie is good if you're left with a sad feeling when it's ended. This serie depicts every aspect of Baltimore society like the Police Department, street hustlers, drug dealers, drug addicts, homeless people, union guys, journalists, politicians and everyday citizens. I've never been to Baltimore but I would dare to say that I'm now a Baltimore expert thanks to this serie. It's really educational and I would recommend this serie to every student who's interested in the subject.

And last but not least, this serie also provides a lot of great quotes & oneliners, the best of them probably being: "better to be lucky, than to be good". Truly inspirational.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."