There's nothing like learning to make spaghetti sauce from your mom. When I first cooked it on my own it didn't taste quite like mom's. It actually took me years to perfect. I was fortunate to also have an Italian MIL and she worked with me a few times making it while my mom did as well. I think my sauce is actually a mix of both my mom's and MIL. I can't put my finger on how/why practice makes perfect when it comes to making pasta sauce, but it does. confused

I have two grown daughters who have watched me make it, asked for the recipe BUT have never made homemade pasta sauce. When I was at my daughter's a while back what do I see in her fridge? Ragu? panic ( Psycho music comes to mind) lol I told her (jokingly of course) that's a mortal sin for an Italian to have fake sauce in the fridge. Well, with three little kids and a job it's hard to go homemade I guess. I'll always tease her about that. LOL

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon