Originally posted by J Geoff:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[b]That would be my prized Fender bass.
I could never tell the difference -- Jazz or Precision, or ?

But more importantly than the instrument itself - are you any good? Send me a tape. tongue lol [/b]
It is a Precision/Jazz combo. There is a Jazz neck, which is slimmer, and has a faster action on it. The body is slimmer, coming from a Precision, which weighs less. There is a split precision pickup at the neck (which gets me a good rock tone... sounds like a cardboard box with strings), and then there is a single coil pickup from a jazz at the bridge. When I turn them both on I get an ideal tone for slap bass (I play alot of funk).

And, you tell me. You can check out my bands myspace at: www.myspace.com/aeroplasty I'm going to warn you now; When we recorded, we had no mics, so there are no vocals on the recording but we do have lyrics. And, we recorded it within a month of getting together, so I think the songs are simplistic and don't capture our sound correctly. But, maybe that's just me being a pretentious artsy shit. Enjoy.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."