Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Originally Posted By: jvanley
Having a Goomar (sp) in the mafia is like peanut butter and jelly, they pretty much go hand in hand. When guys get a bump to Boss they dont say to their goomars, "hey, i gotta stop seeing you now".

Plenty of Bosses have/had goomars, gotti had many, hell even the Chin had one. So to say that running around with another woman is a disgrace when you are the boss is just not true. Also, he did not "flaunt" it to his wife, did she know? yes. Was he careful? no. But he certainly did not "flaunt" Gloria to his wife.

As that being one of the reasons he was killed, forgetaboutit. Big Paul got killed for ALOT of reasons but in the end the biggest reasons were his hatred for John Gotti and his overall greed.

John Gotti grew to hate big paul because he was greedy and he wasnt a "true gangster" or a street guy. Gotti and Sammy both used to get so pissed at paul because he was trying to be a business man above a boss and a gangster.

There was a large disconnect between Big Paul and his Capos, he never went to the social clubs then he demanded HUGE kickups. Sammy once said his crew wouldnt have mind kicking up that much if Paul had not disconnected himself so much from the Capos and street crews.

now as for Gloria Alarate, read "boss of bosses" by Joe Obrien. It is a book about big Paul and has a few pictures of Gloria in it. Look at those pics and tell us what you think about her....

Whenever you hear people talk about Castellano you usually hear the stereotype that he wasn't a "gangster". Ya its true Castellano wasn't a guy in the trenches doing muscle work but does that mean he wasn't fit to be godfather? Also the fact that he didn't go to social clubs wasn't selfish it was smart. Like the FBI said meeting at social clubs only helps them. Gotti did that and look what happened. Also Castellano had a nasty streak. Some people might not admit it but its a fact that Paul ordered twice the amount of murders that john did. also Paul Castellano was a cash machine so him being greedy might be true but its not like guys were starving to death lol. The Gotti crew was but the reason they were was because Gotti was a degenerate gambler who blew all their profits lol.

Anyway getting back to Olarte people seem to forget that the reason that came out was because of angelo ruggiero. Angelo was queen gossip in the gambinos along with his drug dealing made the FBI put o wire in Big paul's house

I didnt say Big Paul wasnt a true gangster, I was just stating what Gotti said. I agree with you.

As I mentioned, there were a shit ton of reasons why Big pauly was whacked but the common denominator all the reasons was John Gotti.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left