When your own family turns on you b/c they can't trust you life is pretty bad.. rolleyes

Larry C. Morris
The New York Times

LOS ANGELES — Before promoting a single stock or venturing into the perilous world of magazine publishing, Lenny Dykstra lived the good life, essentially risk-free. He signed autographs, shook hands and banked the profits from his car-wash business.
As a ballplayer, Dykstra carried himself with a unique confidence. "He was unlike anyone I'd ever met," said his former teammate Ron Darling.

“We had him on the payroll for $1 million a year,” said Kevin Dykstra, Lenny’s younger brother, who managed a string of car-wash and quick lube centers in the Los Angeles area for him. “He was enjoying his retirement from baseball, playing a little golf. But then Lenny had to go do what he did.”

Known as Nails during a flamboyant 12-year career with the Mets and the Phillies for playing with abandon and running into walls, Dykstra is now surrounded by them. He could be in prison for years.

A life once brimming with unbridled energy and flush with cash has ground to a bankrupt halt. Dykstra’s wife of 23 years — the mother of his three sons — divorced him. His mother and brothers are estranged from him. Only former teammates appear to feel sorry for what has become of him.

“Believe me when I tell you that his old friends, the guys who played with Lenny, are heartsick thinking about him being confined to a tiny cell,” said Bobby Ojeda, a starting pitcher on the Mets’ 1986 World Series champions and now an analyst for the cable network SNY.

Not long ago, Dykstra was the proud owner of an $18.5 million mansion in Thousand Oaks, Calif., which he purchased in 2007 from Wayne Gretzky. But since early June, home has been a Los Angeles County jail in a part of the city with no ocean views and where bail bondsmen storefronts outnumber palm trees....

Financial Fall Of Lenny Dyskstra

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.