Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I finally tackled "Under The Dome". It really was very good.

Funny, my husband often says that if you took away the "civilized" things in our lives (running water, electricity, courts of law, etc.), it wouldn't take us very long before society would completely collapse. "Under The Dome" proves that theory very well.

I enjoyed it, and I think that Barbie just might be one of my favorite King characters ever.

I just finished reading it today. It is a huge book, and I kept putting it off because of the sheer size of it, but once I started reading, I couldn't stop.

It wasn't only a really good story, but a very candid commentary on our reliance on oil, internet, cell phones, and how, like you said, what would probably happen if all of those things were taken away from us.

And while it wasn't a typical King "horror" novel, I gotta say, it was a pretty terrifying read, nonetheless.

I also agree with you about Barbie. And what about that "Big" Jim Rennie, feller? My goodness, I've never hated a fictional character more than I hated him! mad

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis