Scarpa was kept in solitary confinement and had security up the ass. He new there was about a 0% chance of Amuso's people or anyone for that matter being able to reach him for repercussions. That is if this even actually happened and Scarpa JR did in fact swing at Amuso which I highly doubt as no one else supports his claims and if this happened we would have heard about it just like we heard about Gotti getting punched and Carmine Persico getting orange juice or something thrown in his face.

Now onto what "toughness" actually means. I believe most people would not describe someone as being tough unless they have a certain amount of skills. Being a punching bag does not make someone "tough" IMHO. To me being tough means being able to dish it out and take it EQUALLY. I have a wrestling background and MMA background ( 2 fights as a pro baby whoooo!!!) and when describing someone who gets his ass kicked and keeps coming back the word I would use is "heart".

For the record I do not think I am some bad ass fighter, and have only been in a hand full of street fights in my younger years and they were usually with bouncers. I have never and will never wear a TapOut shirt nor will I ever put a TapOut sticker on my car. I only got into MMA because I was not good enough to make the Canadian Olympic wrestling team and MMA was the only vessel I had to in which I could apply my wrestling skills.