Originally Posted By: TonyG
Originally Posted By: GerryLang
I don't know who killed him, but whoever did it, I don't think it was the first time they murdered someone, because it is not easy to get away with a murder in that area with the layout of the streets.

I agree Gerry - this was a calculated hit that was executed very well, with the desired result. 15 slugs! Only Fat Pete Chiodo could survive something like that.

No doubt the Feds are pushing the "Locked Up Ligambi's" to spill their guts, if they know anything.

It is interesting to me that the perception of Ligambi and his leadership was the "threat" or "perceived threat" of violence. Generally speaking, to succeed in that life and business, you have to follow through on the threat every now and again. I wonder if this is one of those situations.

Does anyone know if there was bad blood between Harry the Hunchback and the Ligambi leadership of LCN? If they were trying to extort and he was resisting, it sounds an awful lot like what happened when Little Nicky was running things.

There have been three other murders under Ligambi's leadership not including this one, if he is involved. You can say Ligambi is less prone to violence, if you're comparing him to guys like Scarfo and Merlino.