Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
What ticks me off is the number of times they blame the fire on carelessness (throwing out a cigaret or whatever). I mean arson is bad enough but to be in the mountains, camping or whatever, and NOT take extra precaution where a potential fire is possible, is inexcusable. mad

You're absolutely right on that one! People who live here are quite aware of the fire danger in this region of the country, and some of them seem to not give a hoot. Their carelessness has cost a lot of people their homes and their lives. I'm not saying that all of the fires here are caused by people, but as you said, the ones that ARE caused by people are just inexcusable.

Quote:
So, other than the fires, how do you like California so far? Have you done the touristy stuff (Universal, Disneyland, Knotts,Bevery Hills, etc.)

I did all that touristy stuff quite a few years ago when I would come out to California to visit my girlfriend. Knotts, Disneyland/California Adventure, Hollywood, all of it. Speaking of Hollywood, I went to Pink's Hot Dog Stand on La Brea in Hollywood for the very first time a couple months ago. The line was incredibly long, but it was worth it. I ordered two chili dogs with mustard and onions. Best hot dogs I've ever eaten!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis