Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I like to go with old-time Mafia guys:

Don: Charlie Luciano--forceful, visionary, practical, and personally modest. The father of the Commission.

Consigliere: Frank Costello--iron hand in velvet glove. Political powerhouse. Prime Minister to Charlie's President.

Caporegimes: Tony Accardo--muscle and brains, for "traditional" Mob activities (gambling, loan sharking, etc). Carlo Gambino--"newer" activities (construction, securities frauds, labor, etc.).

Crew chiefs: Paul Vario, Vito Genovese. Frank Nitti.

Official Wise Man to the Stars: Meyer Lansky.

Costello would be the perfect consigliere. I think he wasn't suited to be a boss. He was way too much a "gentlemen" for such a role.

If possible I would choose two consiglieres, Costello and Accardo. It's difficult to choose betweem them as both were highly skilled and intelligent. Accardo knew when to be ruthless and Costello had businesses-smarts like no other. Both abilities are important to have for an advisor.

Lucky Luciano may not have been the smartest, but he was definitely a boss type. A man's man. He knew how to deal with people and he had an eye for talent; Meyer Lansky.

Ad underboss I would choose Joe Bonanno. A guy that was smart enough but probably not that smart to make a succesful move against you. Besides, he was said to be a traditional type who believed in the old ways.

As caporegimes I would choose Carlo Gambino, Carmine Lombardozzi, Anthony Scotto, Vincent Alo, Vincent Gigante and probably Tony Salerno.

I would never want a guy like Vito Genovese in my family. Too dangerous, untrustworthy, treacherous and incompetent.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."