Originally Posted By: jvanley
Ivy, very good point and to the normal tax paying citizen this makes sense. However in that world you are only as strong as your boss and leadership. Things like that are what has torn LCN apart over the years. We (tax paying citizen) call it Insubordination but for them it can tear down their whole organization.

As Dellecrose once said LCN means the boss is the boss is the boss. In the end I guess you could say Jimmy Brown did the right thing as he lasted longer, but I just think what he did goes against everything LCN stands for

I think your post above goes to my argument.

If the "boss is the boss," as Dellacroce said, Gotti had no business having Castellano killed. Furthermore, if we're going by the book, Castellano was the legitimate head of the Gambino family. Gotti took out a boss without official Commission approval and basically installed himself via intimidation. And all because there was a possibility he could be killed and his crew could be broken up for disobeying the boss about drug dealing.

Failla and Marino saw Gotti as an unqualified usurper, so to speak. And as for the "organization is only as strong as the boss" idea, what happened to the Gambinos not long after Gotti took over?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.