Originally Posted By: Danito
It's one thing to be relieved that that terrorist won't do no harm no more.
But those gestures of triumph over a dead I find disgusting.

I'm sorry, but this argument simply drives me up the wall. What exactly is wrong with being happy about a person's death? Would it be wrong for someone who lost their entire family in the Holocaust, or who saw their children starve to death during the German siege of Leningrad (now St. Petersburg) to be happy about Hitler's death? When normal, decent people feel happy someone has died, there's a reason for it. It's not like the KKK being happy over Martin Luther King's assassination. I find the behavior of the crowds who celebrated bin Laden's death totally acceptable. They didn't beat up or kill Muslims or people that looked Middle Eastern. They didn't burn down mosques or other Muslim buildings. They just peacefully expressed their completely understandable emotions. I don't see what's wrong with that.

And for anyone that supports the death penalty, I find it extremely inconsistent to say the least that someone can be bad enough to deserve to die, but apparently have enough about their life that's redeeming that people shouldn't be happy when they die. Simply feeling happy about something doesn't produce consequences, unlike executing someone.

Let me tell ya somethin my kraut mick friend!