Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
I dunno, maybe I'm old fashioned, but paying $10.74 for a burger and fries means that somebody is definitely getting the old IN-N-OUT (Animal style)... and I ain't talkin' about fast food!

OK. To put it into terms with which you might have a basis for comparison.... the same amount of food at Mickey D's would cost about a dollar more.

The Five Guys burger is easily comparable to McD's Big Mac (and Five Guys tatstes MUCH better). Five Guys' fries <small order> equals three large McD's fries. Plus a large soda from both.

You have to see it and eat it to understand.... it's not just a burger and fries.

I think that is the main thing, for me. While $10.74 seems like a lot of money to pay for a burger and fries, it is easily justifiable (for me anyway) when the food is delicious, and you get a lot of it. Five Guys (and IN-N-OUT) certainly give you a lot of bang for your buck.

Hell, I've spent $30 bucks for dinner at Red Robin with my girlfriend, and all we ate THAT night were burgers and fries. The food was delicious, though. (BTW, if any of you ever go to Red Robin, get the A1 Peppercorn Burger. I will go ahead and say you're welcome in advance.)

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis