Originally Posted By: Beth E
...If Diana were alive as the mother of the groom would she have sat with the Royal family or banished to the other side with her family? And we she have gone out on the balcony?

Awaiting a 'Brit' to answer but my hunch is that although the mother of the groom and future King, having lost her HRH status Princess Diana may not have been permitted nor wanted to sit with the Royal Family. She might've stood either with Kate's parents or even more likely, her own Spencer family. I would assume she would have nevertheless accompanied all to the back rooom for signing of the 'Registry'. Camilla would not have been there because had Diana lived, Charles would not have been permitted to re-marry.

So many possibilities!!!

It's doubtful Diana would have been invited to appear on the balcony or even into Buckingham Palace for the various receptions. She probably would have given them one of her own at another location.

Just my guesses...pending more accurate info from 'a Brit'.

Apple

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 05/01/11 09:05 AM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON