My family and I have been pondering some big life decisions the last few months. With that said, I accepted a new position with the Starkloff Disability in St Louis, MO. It was a very heart drenching decision to leave the American Stroke Foundation. I will start my new position on May 1, 2011.

My wife and I are St Louis natives. All of our (living)parents still live in St Louis. We left left St Louis in 1990 (after I graduated college) when I started working for the Boy Scouts of America in Topeka, KS. We continued our journey with the BSA to LaCrosse, Wisconsin in 1994. We moved to the Kansas City area in 2000, and I left the BSA in 2004 to start with the American Diabetes Association. Then in 2007 I moved over to the American Stroke Foundation.

We are moving to be closer to our parents. Sadly, some of you may know, my wife's father passed away from a heart attack almost a year ago. Both of my parents retired from their careers this past December 31,2010. My mother-in-law is also retired. They are relatively young and we want to be near our parents to enjoy life with them.

Believe me - it was very heart wrenching decision to leave the American Stroke Foundation. There will always be a special place in my heart for ASF. I assured the Board of Directors that I will only be a phone call away when I leave for advice and guidance. Additionally, I will continue to promote and support (financially) ASF even from afar.

So that is the big news in my life
!