Nice topic, TB smile.

My favorite growing up was White Castle. I grew up on the corner of 187th Street and Hoffman Street in the Bronx. There was (still is) a White Castle on the corner of Fordham Road and Hoffman Street. They used to give you a numbered ticket for your food and the wait was ridiculous, but it was delicious for a young kid. Today, after several bouts of middle aged tummy problems, I can't even think about it. Boy, how the old Italian women in the neighborhood would yell at us for eating that "meddigahn" garbage, if they saw us walking home with the White Castle bags lol.

Today my favorite fast food is a small chain called "Chirping Chicken." There are maybe half a dozen of them in the city. The one on Amsterdam and 77th is my favorite. When I worked at 76th and Amsterdam, I was there twice a week. They have, in my opinion, the best bird in the city. You get half a chicken, Greek salad and a couple of sides for about 12 bucks. It's delicious, healthy and VERY reasonable for New York City. Hell, a rotisserie chicken at Fairway Market will cost you 15 bucks without the sides.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.