I found this very interesting article discussing why Pete Rose should be allowed into the Hall of Fame if steroid users even have a shot (no matter how slim it is) at it. Remember, Mark McGwire and other steroid users have been on the ballots where as Pete Rose hasn't due to his lifetime ban.

So what do you guys think? Should Pete Rose who never "affected" the game the way steroid users have be allowed in? Pete Rose bet on baseball games and (as far as I know), didn't affect the outcome of any such games. Whereas the likes of Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, Alex Rodriguez, Jason Giambi, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, etc. did in fact affect the outcomes of games. Where does the line need to be drawn? Should Pete be allowed in while the juicers aren't? Should the juicers be allowed in even though many of them were never proven but only suspected of taking? Should both be allowed in or neither?

Personally, I voted for Pete to be allowed in while the juicers shouldn't be. Yes, what Pete Rose did was wrong, but was it really worse than taking steroids and cheating the game in a more unforgivable manner in my opinion? I think not. Plus, I feel Pete has served his time. I'd like to see him in while he's still alive. I always thought Pete deserved to be in even before this whole Steroid Era was brought into the limelight.

Hall of Fame voting
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 04/16/11 07:04 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.