There's probably already a topic about this but I haven't been on in a while and I was just skimming the site and saw some very negative posts about this TV show and wanted to point some things out to you all. I originally heard about the show through an email from NIAF (National Italian American Foundation) stating that there were some things on TV portraying Italians badly. One of them was an episode of Desperate Housewives, one was a skit on SNL, and the other was Jersey Shore. At first I was pissed like any other Italian would be.

However when I clicked on the link and watched a few episodes I realized something that I guess some of you fail to realize. It's just entertainment, nothing more, it's actually quite an entertaining TV show. I admit their use of the word Guido gave us a bad rap and now some of the younger generations are familiar with the word but nonetheless it's just a TV show. People need to lighten up.

One of the things I saw was people judging some of the castmates when no one on here knows them outside the show (that I'm aware of). Last summer I actually took a trip to Seaside Heights, New Jersey where the show is filmed. I actually met some of the cast members and they're actually pretty nice people especially The Situation. Many of you say he has no talent but if that were true how come he is making $10 million per year? That's not from Jersey Shore, that's actually from many business deals and endorsements which takes a smart person to know how to do business. He has his own company, book, workout DVD, clothing line, cologne, vodka, jewelry, iPhone app, workout supplement, rap song, environmentally friendly gym bag, and much more. And no people just didn't offer these endorsements to him, many of the things he put together by himself. Donald Trump, who is one of the richest entrepreneurs ever, stated in an interview that The Situation was actually a very smart person and knew what he was doing business-wise. And actually Donald Trump has been trying to do business with The Situation way before the Trump Roast. So if The Situation had no talent how come he's making a shitload of money by himself? He's making more money not from a reality TV show, but through his own business, which is more than any people will ever make in their entire lives. Not to mention if someone as rich as Donald Trump is trying to do business with him, you know he has to know what he's doing.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and show everyone things from a different perspective.

Ya know one thing about us wise guys? The hustle never ends.- Tony Soprano