I don't see any reason for Trump not to run in this watered down political age of ours. If you remember back when H. Ross Perot ran in '92, he tabbed himself as a shrewd and seasoned businessman who could turn the economy around, but then he was completely embarrased on a national televised debate by Al Gore when discussion of the economy came up. In hindsight, that wasn't so much a knock on Perot's business sense but a credit to just how smart Gore and Clinton were.

But that was then and this is now. Obama ran and won on his celebrity status more than anything else, and neither he nor Biden have someone like Al Gore's knowledge on economic matters. No reason Trump couldn't hold his own against either of those guys in a debate. I mean it's not like Obama had much experience at all before he came to Washington. So no, I don't see any reason for the Donald not to throw his celebrity hat into the ring along with the other celebrity candidates such as Obama and Palin, in an electoral process that has clearly become more about popularity and less about substance.