Originally Posted By: ovation32
I read something somewhere - it may have been on this board - about some members of the New York Families (?specifically Chin?) supporting the ouster of Bruno. I am only beginning to familiarize myself with the Phillly Family and am wondering (1) if there is anything to this and (2) why. Thanks!

There was no official sanction for the removal of Bruno as boss. Some elements of the Genovese Family made Bruno's counselor (Anthony Caponigro) believe that there was because they had been previously involved in a dispute over numbers/bookmaking/gambling in New Jersey with Caponigro.

So after Bruno's demise Caponigro was summoned to NY to explain himself. Apparently his defense that he had permission was not believed and he was also removed from the planet. And his Jersey gambling interests were taken over by the Genoveses.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.