Originally Posted By: getthesenets
2 and half men = the Odd Couple but with Sam Malone from Cheers replacing Oscar.

Funny you posted that, Gets. I had to use the search feature to find this, but here's what I posted about the show way back on September 23, 2008, in the "Movies/TV Random Post Whoring" thread:

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I watched the season premiere of TWO AND A HALF MEN last night. It had its moments, but has definitely seen better days. John Cryer and Charlie Sheen are both looking very much middle aged all of a sudden, and the kid, like a lot of teens, is just kind of awkward looking. It was much funnier when he was a cute, smart alecky ten year old. Now it just reminds me of an inferior version of THE ODD COUPLE, with a teenager thrown in for no apparent reason.

As far as the Sam Malone/Charlie Harper comparison: Yeah, I can definitely see where you're coming from, in that they were both aging lotharios. But Sam Malone seemed to be a decent person at heart. Charlie Harper may have a "heart of gold," but he's clearly a pretty selfish guy. Plus, Sam Malone beat his problem with booze, and speaking about it was a recurring theme during the 11 year run of "Cheers." Charlie Harper never showed the slighest inclination towards quitting, or even cutting back for that matter.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.