Originally Posted By: tt120
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
As much as I loved the Sopranos I was rooting for Tony to be arrested since he deserved it after the terrible things he did

yes he definitely did some terrible things, but one of my favorite parts about the show were how his indirect actions and orders kind of fucked over a lot of innocent people. Like when Vito Junior had to go to the shock camp because he was in too much debt from gambling. Or those crackheads getting stomped out (and shot) by those kids during the HUD scam. Or when Paulie strangled his mom's friend to take her money and kick it up to Tony to make good in Tony's eyes. Tony probably didn;t mean for any of those things to happen, but because of him they did. like chris said ironically in 'Chasing It' - "like a pebble in a lake...even the fish feel it"

I think many fans were gullible in a way. Thats why the show was good because they tried to trick people into humanizing Tony. Like when he kills ralph people thought tony did it because he killed that stripper but a few episodes before he was celebrating with ralphie since he was making him a ton of money with the horse, and the construction. Feech la Manna is another good example. Tony was jealous of the guy since he was well respected so he ratted him out to go back to prison. But to get back to the original point I think that Tony going to jail is the only logical conclusion. I mean the FBI of the last 20 years is very tough to beat with the technology and the informants. I know for the show they had to fictionalize it and make Tony seem untouchable