As one of the most interesting side characters, I always wondered what his exact position was in the Corleone organization after Michael moed to Nevada.

In GF2, we see him at the side of Pentangeli, acting as some sort of a right-hand man. He even went with Pentangeli to Anthony's communion party and was present at the private meeting with Michael Corleone.

According to the chart at the senate hearings, Pentangeli is listed as a "caporegime" while Cicci is listed as a "soldier".

However, my interpretation is that Pentangeli was actually Michael's defacto underboss in New York, succeeding Clemenza.

The most interesting info concerning Cicci's position around 1958 comes from the conversation between the senator and him at the heargings.

-----

CHAIRMAN

Mr. CICCI, from the year 1942 to the present time -- you were an employ of the GENCO Olive Oil Company?

CUT TO: The Senate committee room. WILLIE CICCI is sitting smoking. Next to him is his lawyer.

CICCI

That's right.

CHAIRMAN

But in actuality you were a member of the Corleone crime organization.

CICCI.

No -- uh -- no -- we called it the Corleone family SENATOR -- we called it the family.

CHAIRMAN

What was your position.?

CICCI

Well at first like everyone else I, I was a soldier.

-----

He says "at first" he was a soldier which implies he actually was by 1958 some sort of a caporegime.

Any thoughts?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."