The problem I see with many of these law enforcement guys is the same I see with the organized crime guys. They brag like a motherfucker. They love to talk about how tough they are, how they didn't break a sweat and how easily they could've killed somebody. You listen to Joe Pistone talk, and you sometimes get the sense that he really isn't all that different from the guys he was trying to build a case against. Now, I'm sure Pistone is a fine gentleman, but I think people know what I'm driving at here. They seem to share the same ego almost. Tommy Dades is another guy who likes to put an epic spin on his tales. William Balsamo is another one. And of course everyone's favorite, Bo Dietl.

I wasn't a big fan of Falcone's book. There were a few interesting things in it, but nothing much to talk about. I like how he talks about Greg DePalma being this ultimate wiseguy who believed in the old way of doing things. The man was as flashy as Frank Sinatra. I remember reading about a funny conversation where John Gotti Jr. was expressing concern over DePalma's chatty nature. I don't remember the exact words but John was talking to Greg's friend and said something like: "Tell him [Greg] we're gonna try and get him a radio show. Tell him I said that. Tell him John said that." I think that pretty much sums up the character of Greg DePalma.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008