Originally Posted By: olivant
By SHANNON McCAFFREY, Associated Press Shannon Mccaffrey, Associated Press ...

... In an interview posted Wednesday by The Christian Broadcasting Network, Gingrich — who recently converted to Catholicism — said he had sought God's forgiveness for mistakes in his past....

I think that when one actually goes out of their way to convert to a religion, ANY religion...there is alot of studying and soul searching involved and you tend to take it much more seriously than some who have actually been raised in the same religion. For Gingrich to say these things about his infidelity may sound hilarious to some...but this is what Catholocism teaches. He WAS unfaithful, DID leave his wife and is now remarried to the woman he left her for. To truly become a Catholic he would have had to ask God's forgiveness and he may as well say it if he's going to run for President.

And I tell you...if anyone were to try & have a field day with it, it would probably be the liberal biased mainstream media more than the Democratic Party. I think the Dems would know better than to try & get him on THAT.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON