Originally Posted By: jvanley
Originally Posted By: Mooney
Originally Posted By: MrAdams
I enjoyed The Brotherhoods, got through it pretty quick whilst on my last holiday.

Has anyone read "Making Jack Faclone" about the guy who went undercover in the Gambino's? Its been recomended to me but i dont really trust the source!

Making Jack Falcone is a decent read, definitely worth reading.

Everyone has their own opinions of course but I thought it was the worst book in my collection by far. Not alot of insight to the Mob, It was more of a "boasting book" about Jack Garcia more than the mob. I did this, I did that, look at me, etc

I was thumbing through the "Making Jack Falcone" recently, and Garcia is a blowhard. The only guy he was able to fool was a desperate old man, Greg DePalma. I'm actually surprised DePalma wasn't put on the shelf when he was released. There were people wary of DePalma and his big mouth from the 70's, Nino Gaggi thought about whacking him back then. DePalma then was one of the major reasons behind the jailing of Gotti Jr, DePalma was all over FBI bugs talking about shaking down Scores.

The only book I've read about the Chicago Oufit is "Double Cross" by Chuck Giancana, and I didn't finish half of it because it is so terrible. I think the next book I will pick up is the family secrets book. I've read most of "Mafia son" about the Scarpa's, and the book on Tommy Karate while killing time at Barnes and Nobles.