Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Btw, I know she was a "pinup" girl of her time. I would imagine that back then, pin-up/cover girls were likely more shall I say, natural than today?? She was known for her bustline if I am not mistaken and I remember later (maybe in her 40's) she did some bra commercials (Playtex maybe). Anyone else remember?

Russell wasn't all that busty but she is remembered for that area because of Howard Hughes. Hughes, one of the richest men in the world, and a man of great engineering ability, designed a bra especially for Russell (she was then appearing in a movie that Hughes was producing).

Many years later (in the '70s?) Russell did commercials for a bra.

I didn't know that!! I guess back then they "padded/lifted" to appear bustier instead of surgery. The women during that time too were not expected to be skinny rails. In fact they were heavy in many cases, at least compared to the pinups/models in more recent times. smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 02/28/11 09:36 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon