Also, I guess I can add a little more to this. I started work part-time at a law firm during my senior year. I graduated last May and started working full-time, but with no benefits. It was $10 an hour. I had been applying to jobs since I graduated. I would only receive calls from insurance companies (that I didn't even apply to) that wanted me to sit at a phone and try to sell insurance all day. That's just not for me, so I stayed with my current job.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally got a call about an administrative assistant position. It has a lot of great benefits and my salary is an average entry level salary (30 k). However, I can earn quarterly bonuses that would make it 35-37k my first year. This week is my last week at the law office and I will be starting my new job next week. I am nervous about the new job and sad to leave all my great co-workers, but I assume this will be the next step in my career.

I guess my point is that I just believe a college degree is essential. This job I recently got hired for is most likely a position that definitely require a college degree back in the 60s or 70s. But hey, it's a changin world.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur