There is no need for 15 years of exploration on solar, DC. The technology exists NOW. Put it on our roofs and let's move on.

We vacation in Florida and it burns me to see the number of Yukon Denalis and Hummers driving around with Florida plates. It's one thing if you live in an area of the country where four wheel drive is necessary, like the Northeast, but in Florida?? Really? Driving through many a blizzard to get to work?

FS hit it on the head. We are so attached to our precious automobiles that we don't want to get out of them. Also, in many suburbs, the train is not an option. We actually only have no one-seat ride into Manhattan and only one express train per day that will take you to NJ for the switch. Why should I sit on the local train and take almost two hours to get to Manhattan when it's a 25-30 mile drive?

We recently added ferry service to Manhattan. It's about a 20-25 minute drive to get to the ferry station. And then I still have to sit on the ferry, and I have to be going downtown, or it doesn't work as an option. It does take me to a train station where I can get a train to midtown, but it would be faster for me to drive across a bridge to the train. So, the options are extremely limited, even if you could separate people from their precious cars.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club