Interesting. One thing I noticed is that if you read Coen's book, which is probably the most crystaline window into the Outfit I've ever come across at least, all of their rackets are very archaic. There's a glean of sophistication during the Vegas days with Lombardo wheeling and dealing with the union money but beyond that it's all juice loans, bookmaking and extortion. C'est tout.

They come off for the most part as very stupid. One big idea? Let's extort the owner of Connie's Pizza. Why? It just occurred to them that he was a successful businessman. So they literally went up to him and said "You owe us $100K." (Or maybe two, I forget.) Ditto with the real estate guy down here, Caciatorre, and ditto with Michael Cagnoni, who they blew to pieces. The others they left dead mice on their windshield to scare them. Really guys? Dead mice with nooses on them? And cut a puppy's head off and left it on a windsheild.

That is of course all the 26 Street Crew.

However, if you look at the evidence that's come to light, and it's not a perfect indication, what did Sarno get busted for? Video poker and thieving.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Outfit has its hands in offshore gambling and things of a more sophisticated nature but am left to wonder as there hasn't been a single shred of evidence brought up suggesting that.