Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Okay, I tried a couple times but (besides the toppings) failed miserably. Maybe it's that grocery store bagged "pizza dough" but I couldn't work it much at all. Sure, there's a skill involved, but I tried the tricks yet still ended up with a blob of dough that wouldn't cook through. blush

Geoff, here's a tip on making a crisp crust that I found through trial and error.

First heat the pizza stone at 450 or more for an hour before you're ready to bake. Roll out the dough. Sprinkle a generous amount of corn meal on your wooden or metal pizza spatula, particularly at the front--the corn meal acts like ball bearings so you can slide the dough onto the stone without snagging.

Slide the bare dough onto the stone and let it bake while you cut the cheese(s), pepperoni, olives, etc. Then remove the stone with the bare crust, put it on trivets, then apply the sauce, cheese(s), pepperoni, etc. Then put the stone back to bake for another 15 minutes. The few minutes that the bare dough baked will harden the surface just enough that the sauce won't seep into the dough and make it soggy, and the head start on baking will mean that the crust will be completely crisp without the toppings burning.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.