Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
I wouldn't be surprised if Basciano got death. You know, in 2007, a guy by the name of Ronell Wilson was sentenced to death for killing two undercover detectives. It was the first successful federal capital punishment prosecution in New York in more than 50 years. Guess who the judge was?

That's right. Judge Nicholas G. Garaufis.

A new jury will decide whether the man accused of killing two city police officers will be sentenced to death or life in prison.

Ronell Wilson was the first person in New York to be sentenced to death in half a century.

He was convicted of killing two undercover detectives during an undercover gun bust on Staten Island in 2003.

Wilson's death sentence was thrown out last year because of an error made by the prosecutor during the death penalty phase of his trial.

Prosecutors will now re-try the penalty phase instead of asking the Supreme Court to review the decision to throw out the original death sentence.

Wilson is now on death row at a federal prison in Indiana.

http://statenisland.ny1.com/content/top_stories/133740/new-jury-to-decide-fate-of-accused-cop-killer

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.