Originally Posted By: Mignon
What's up with the storyline that Vicki is stripping Edge of the title?

The storyline is that she as the ole "abusive authority figure" is doing everything and anything to make her beau Dolph Ziggler the champion. In the last few title matches, Edge was banned from using his Spear finisher on penalty of being stripped of the title.

The last match, she was the special guest referee. She got sidelined with a (storyline) injury, and Edge speared Ziggler which she witnessed. Recent Super Bowl hero Clay Matthews ran to the ring as replacement referee (this was in Green Bay) and counted the 1-2-3, w/ Vickie's objections ignored.

From what I saw, I'm guessing the storyline this week on Smackdown! heading into the PPV on sunday is Edge has to forfeit the title, handing over the belt personally to Ziggler. If not, he's fired.

Originally Posted By: Mignon

And why is Michael Cole being such a dick for?

They turned him into a heel announcer ala Jesse Ventura and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, with Cole being buddies with The Miz or badmouthing Daniel Bryan and John Cena, etc.

Except Cole sucks at it. Dude has always sucked as an announcer. I miss Jim Ross.

Jesse and Heenan were masters at their craft because before taking up the headset, they had a well-established heel personas whether as wrestler or manager in Pro Wrestling. And they were awesome at putting over the villains, trashing the heroes.

Cole can't do either, and only puts over himself. I get it WWE, you want to give fans an excuse now to boo the tar out of a guy you all always hated (and not in a "good" kayfabe way), but again...he sucks.