Originally Posted By: thekid
hey vinny gorgeous, looks like your credible comment about Didonato has holes in it, this gangland article about the raos photo and the letter they found after 19years was some solid info didonato gave the government, also you guys have to be crazy to think corozzo wasnt capable of plotting against junior gotti!

My credible comment has holes in it lol. That's rich Andrew.

from Capeci's Gang Land
Quote:

In Surviving The Mob, DiDonato claims to have testified about "Nicky's plot to kill Junior" at the 2005 trial, and pontificates that "moments like that reveal the treachery behind the scenes" between supposed mob allies who in reality would kill each other if ordered to.

That's the only part of his story that's fact checkable, and - unfortunately for DiDonato - it doesn't stand up. The trial transcript of his two days on the witness stand shows that he never mentioned the alleged plot. When we asked him about the missing testimony, DiDonato - after a few heated exchanges - finally conceded defeat: "It was a mistake," he told us.

His initial excuse for this error was that his co-author had taken the account from FBI debriefings called 302s and mistakenly written it up as DiDonato's testimony. "Most of my book was written from memory," he said. "Mistakes happen and I am man enough to admit mine."

Well, almost man enough. He later changed his tune. Probably after chatting with someone who reminded him that he was not supposed to have any FBI 302s, DiDonato amended his confession: "As a witness I have never been given or been in possession of any 302 information. I was never given 302 info pertaining to my cooperation. I admit my mistake in that part of the book that it should have been described as information, and not testimony. It was just a very bad miscommunication."

Everything about this guy says liar.

Last edited by VinnyGorgeous; 02/09/11 03:30 PM.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008