Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Good article on the Colombos, seems the Feds have come to rely on the tactic of approaching guys who are in the can/recently released and tell them they might charged with a murder or some new charges and can go right back in. Thats what they did with Allie Boy's buddy Frank Sparaco and now Thomas McLaughlin. This all started with Big Dino flipping then the dominos slowly start to fall...

I wonder if the Feds will try the same tactic with Joey Merlino when he gets out in Philly...

They might try to do it with him, but I really don't see him cooperating. It could happen of course. No one thought Massino would cooperate. They will probably try everything to get Ligambi, but he seems to know exactly how to run this thing. I don't see that guy talking about murders that happened 10 years ago. He's not exactly a Colombo. You don't see many leaders like this today and that's really what the other families don't have. They have absolutely terrible leaders. Of course Ligambi has a much easier ship to manage, simply because it's much smaller than a New York family. It's a tight knit organization and therefore more difficult to penetrate.

Agree on all your points, having Joey Merlino flip would be a bombshell just like Massino for the Feds.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.