I just finished The Brotherhoods, and I loved it. It's a long book, but there are no dry or boring spells, I had a hard time putting it down to be honest. There are loads of interesting characters in the book, like Burt Kaplan. He was a Jewish associate of the Luchese and close friend of Casso, and the go between for the "mafia cops" and Casso. Kaplan had legit business dealings, but was also involved in loads of illegal activities across the world! I was surprised the cops were able to get away with the stuff they did while on the force for so long. Eppolito especially, the guy is about as delusional as a person can be. The NYPD must have been really be crooked during that era. One thing I do find odd is the fact that the "mafia cops" were never caught on surveillance meeting with Kaplan, because he was under surveillance for years.

I've read the "Making of Jack Falcone." I thought it was a good read, but an average book on the mafia. Garcia only dealt with one made member really, Greg DePalma. Other then that he had no other knowledge of or history with the mafia. He also had that huge ego that is often found amongst FBI agents who are succesful going undercover, ala Pistone.