Originally Posted By: ovation32
In the Bronx, Arthur Avenue is still overwhelmingly Italian.

In Brooklyn, Bensonhurst is still Italian and Carroll Gardens is also overwhelmingly Italian with a heavy mob influence (Frank "Punchy" Illiano and Albert "Kid Blast" Gallo seem to run the neighborhood like a fiefdom for the Genovese Family).

In Staten Island, Todt Hill is a residential community where many Italian-Americans and mobsters have historically lived.

In Queens, Whitestone (specifically Malba) is heavily Italian.

I think that Bensonhurst is Italian in name only these days. Obviously a fair few Italians left, but perhaps not enough to call it an Italian neighbourhood and apparently even Carroll Gardens is dominated by 'new young families' who moved in the 2000's.

The areas in metro NYC are Howard Beach, Queen's (at least 50-60% Italian).
Lots of neighbourhoods in the South Shore of Staten Island are Italian.
Dyker Heights, Brookly is quietly a pretty heavily Italian 'hood, if the internet doesn't lie...around 70% Italian.
Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, obviously still has a solid amount of Italians.
Morris Park in the Bronx is meant to be quite Italian, makes sense as its near to Arthur Avenue.
Of course, there are quite a few others, and you find that Italian 'neighbourhoods' don't exist too much, as a neighbourhood is a lot of people (sometimes nearly 100,000 people, but there are Italian 'streets' or 'blocks' within neighbourhoods. So the death of the Italian neighbourhood is maybe not as bad as it seems.

Of course, I am not from New York, I can only dream...so I am probably not the best source.

E ciao Frank, i miei genitori sono di napoli (che grande citta), ma sono nato a Londra. Spero che ti piace il tuo tempo qui!