Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Anthony "Ace" Aiello's release date is May 6, 2031. He will be 54. Young enough to become boss and take over the New York underworld.

Who knows what the New York underworld will look like in 2031?

Just look at 1991 compared to 2011. In '91, you still had a few throwbacks to the golden age of the mob. Today, in 2011, not so much.

So by 2031?

Yeah, wiseguys will always be around, because people will always want to gamble and borrow money, but to predict what kind of shape American Cosa Nostra will be in by then is really going out on a limb.

You know what? I don't think it will be so bad. 2031. 20 years from now. The equivalent of the current old school guys (1940 and further back I guess) will be those born around 1950's or 60's). These are still guys who grew up in and around a criminal syndicate that, whilst not as powerful as in its past, was still a far-reaching, powerful and cash-rich organization. And it still is today.
Of course, the new young guys, the new 'Italian-Americans' couldn't even tell you if Sicily is a fucking island or not, so my guess is that either LCN is gonna continue in its current form more or less (doing okay, not the glory days, but not reduced to little more than a street gang) or its gonna get so badly infested with rats, one-dimensional thugs and generally men of weak character that its gonna almost sink. Before picking itself up once more, perhaps learning its lessons somewhat.